DevOps Engineer Position
Are you a DevOps engineer looking to grow your career with a diverse and intelligent team? We are the best in the industry in combining data collection and helping our customers to develop solutions to focus on what matters most. Our team works impeccably together and we are looking to expand now! As an Engineering team member, you will help create technology poetry! *This is a Full-Time Position located in Herndon, VA. This is not a contracted position.*
The position is for a DevOps engineer. The primary duties will be planning, building and managing cloud infrastructure environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to suggest and build infrastructure for specific requirements.
- Support developers by enhancing continuous integration processes.
- Upgrade current systems and suggest alternative technologies/software.
- Analyze Cloud metrics in order to identify usage trends and scaling needs.
- Monitor infrastructure for outages and service failures.
- Manage MySQL database clusters.
- Write sql queries and restoring data.
- Develop and implement scripts to automate any tasks related to building/managing infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of server/application security in the cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field from accredited institution, or equivalent.
- Experience managing servers in Rackspace and/or AWS cloud.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Advanced experience in working with Linux systems such as Debian/Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Extensive experience in IT systems and network security.
- Knowledge using Nagios and/or Sensu monitoring.
- Thorough experience utilizing and managing LAMP stacks.
- Experience working with MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience working with MySQL/SQL
- A working knowledge of code and script (bash, PHP, Python and/or Ruby)
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins
Benefits of Working at Zerion Software
Apart from working with an intelligent, innovative, and passionate team, having tons of growth potential, and a great work/life balance, this position offers great perks! Benefits include health, dental, 401K, unlimited paid-time off, no dress code, paid holidays, and a generous paid parental leave policy.
Works with: Engineering
Contact: Please send your resume and reason you are interested in this position to email@example.com
Posted February 7, 2017