- Setting up and maintaining our MySQL & Mongo Database Clusters.
- Writing SQL queries and restoring data.
- Maintaining orchestrations tools like Puppet/Foreman.
- Assisting the development with several AWS technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, Elastic beanstalk, etc…
- Assists with the design, development and testing of applications.
- Upgrade current systems and suggest alternative technologies/software.
- Monitor infrastructure for outages and service failures.
- Write scripts/tools to automate processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field from accredited institution, or equivalent.
- Experience managing servers in Rackspace and/or AWS cloud.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Advanced experience in working with Linux systems such as Debian/Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Extensive experience in IT systems and network security.
- Knowledge using Sensu monitoring or other monitoring tools.
- Experience working with MySQL/SQL and Mongo Databases.
- Thorough experience utilizing and managing LAMP stacks.
- A high working knowledge of code and script (bash, PHP, Python and/or Ruby).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with GitHub.
- Working knowledge of build automation (Jenkins desired) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Good knowledge of server/application security in the cloud.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
Benefits of working at Zerion:
Apart from working with an intelligent, innovative, and passionate team, having tons of growth potential, and a great work/life balance, this position offers great perks! Benefits include health, dental, 401K, gym membership (in Herndon), no dress code and unlimited vacation days.