THE MIT TECHNOLOGY WEBSITE HAS POSTED THE 2013 BEST COMMUNICATIONS STORIES– WITH A HEAVY DOSE OF DATA COLLECTION AS PART OF THE MIX.
Wireless communications breakthroughs, NSA Security Spying, and the subsequent leaks, all made 2013 a year of caution and progress, with writer David Talbot, stating:
Communications news in 2013 was dominated by serial revelations of the National Security Agency’s mass collection of data from major Internet companies and mobile carriers, leading to widespread cries of governmental overreach.But those revelations, based on leaks from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, were accompanied by remarkable advances in wireless communications. The Snowden documents also galvanized new efforts at making the Internet more secure and private.
Other points of interest mentioned:
- Researchers in China set a new speed record for a version of 4G known as LTE-Advanced.
- Samsung tested a new technology it called 5G, using 64 antennas to send and receive signals on ultra-high frequencies.
- The latest version of Apple’s operating system includes the capacity to automatically toggle between different wireless technologies—such as 4G and Wi-Fi—which is a prelude to the use of data-encoding technologies that might split up data and use multiple channels at the same time for far more efficient service
- Several commercial uses of television frequencies for Internet communications expanded.
- Google pushed its high-speed fiber and TV service in Kansas City, and expanded elsewhere
- the Snowden leaks created unease, they also triggered a number of efforts to make life harder for the NSA, and make the Internet more secure and private.
- Local encrypted database
- Application level remote wipe
- Client-side password protection
- Keyboard Cache protection
iForm brings business grade, offline data collection to iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches. Utilized by 3 of the top 10 hotel brands in the world, the largest hospital in the US, the US Government, top franchises, amusement parks, and hundreds of small/mid size businesses, iForm helps you increase productivity, reduce costs, and reduce paper use.
Conduct surveys, inspections, walk-throughs, work-orders, audits, tasks, research studies and clinical trials easily and cost effectively on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
Using the iFormBuilder web interface, users can create business grade forms that will work seamlessly across all supported devices. Data views give you the flexibility to see your data in a variety of outputs including Map View, HTML View, PDF View and Excel View. Data feeds (XML, JSON, XLS, RSS, ATOM) offer seamless integration with your back-end systems.
The iFormBuilder platform gives you the power to turn your mobile device into an enterprise grade data collection tool.
- Quick turn-around with over-the-air form distribution
- Real time data upload
- Offline data collection (out of service, no wifi)
- Ensures accurate data capture and eliminates redundancy
- Immediately communicate changes and updates to your mobile workforce with server assignment and client-to-client assignment
- Massively scalable
- Maximum security (being used by HIPAA and FISMA regulated projects)
Are you ready for a SECURE Data Collection Tool? Take advantage of iFormBuilder, the Best Mobile Data Collection Apps for Android and iOS, used by NGOs around the world!